"When I choose a restaurant, I like to know who else eats there!"

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Phil crashed while racing!!!!

This weekend Phil, Bradford and Rudy went to Deming, NM for another race day... I stayed behind because I had told my friend Quanton that flew in from Santa Cruz that I would kick it with her...

But this race day didn't go as planned... Phil had signed up for two races... On the very first race Phil had finished about half of the laps when his throttle stuck just before entering a very tight corner... Phil decided to take the corner at a very high speed being that his throttle was stuck and he couldn't slow down... Going into the corner at this very high speed the motorcycle then decides to pitch Phil off across the track.... No the bike didn't stop there... It proceeded to fallow him off the track and onto him crushing him... This ended up causing damage to his right hand, right knee and shin, his ribs and abdomen, and a heat blister from the pavement through his glove... His bike got a lot of damage also... But I'm just glad Phil didn't break any bones and is still alive.... Whew... When I got the call on Sunday I still freaked out, and I kinda knew there was something wrong because they were in town way to early for a race day... And when I saw his bruises I couldn't believe it... Especially after doing so well at the previous races... I guess that's just part of the sport...

Phil did go to the
doctor today, and got some x-rays to confirm he had no broken bones... He was also prescribed some pretty good painkillers like vicoden and some other goodies... LOL... But he does have to go back in a few week after the swelling goes down to see if he tore any ligaments... I don't think he will ever break a bone... Phil has had some pretty bad accidents and has only been bruised up... He is super Phil!!! Lets just hope that he doesn't get in anymore accidents from now on...


Phil I am glad you are ok, and I hope you heal fast...
Your Bro,
CT

Posted by CT :: 12:19 AM :: 4 comments|

Post a Comment

******************************