"When I choose a restaurant, I like to know who else eats there!"

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Vail is Insane!!!

After lunch we get our half day lift tickets... What's even cooler is that since scotty Pimpin had a season pass, that enabled us for even more of a discount!!! Every little bit counts right?

So we get out on the mountain, and it's just amazing!!! It's enormous!!! It's Huge!!! Well you get the picture... LOL.. It's crazy to think all we have is a half day here... Besides being a little on the icy side it was a great day to shred it up....

Not only was this the first time boarding this season, but it was also the first time on my new board, with my new switch bindings.... At first it kinda sucked bc I had put the bindings to close together, which jacked up my stance... After some fine tuning it was all good... But the fine tuning which had slowed me down a bit really pissed off my Gothic cousin Scotty pimpin... LOL..

OK granted it was his 30th time boarding this season and he's like semi pro, he didn't stop to think HMMMM well it is their first time out this year, and he's testing a new board, maybe I could cut them some slack... Nope not a chance, Scotty turned into whinny Mc whinerson... He reminded me of a 5 year old throwing a tantrum in walmart when his mom wouldn't buy him the new G.I Joe that just came out...

I started to think to myself, was I that whinny when I was 19? Not a chance, I usually always just roll with the punches... I even told him that he could have just gone ahead
and done his own thing if we were slowing his action, but he declined... It did end up getting better at the end of the day....

Holy shit was I sore after this half day... Yeah I could really tell just how out of shape I really was... LOL... Breathing like I've been a smoker for 50 years, and aches all over my body in places I didn't know could ache... LOL... Get you mind out of the gutter!!!... LOL...

After our day was over we drove to our hotel... Oh wait I didn't tell you about this yet... I guess I need to backpedal a bit... Before we had left for our trip I had asked my cousin to get us a room like 3 weeks prior to us driving up... Well he ends up calling me THE NIGHT BEFORE telling me he couldn't get a room... So I had to do some crazy ass internet search... Luckily I found a room, but unluckily it was an hour away in a town called Leadville... LOL...



Cheers, Craig

Posted by CT :: 5:49 PM :: 5 comments|

Post a Comment

******************************